Beyaz & Patel provided the seismic evaluation and retrofit design for the chemical and ozone generator building at the Upper San Leandro (USL) Water Treatment Plant. The design was based on ASCE 41-13 standard for Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings. The Ozone System Improvement project included:
- Providing a seismic evaluation of the potential concrete rehabilitation methods for the existing ozone generator building;
- develop mitigation measures to seismically retrofit the ozone generator building;
- design of the new hydrogen peroxide facilities;
- design of the new liquid oxygen (LOX) facilities,
- and design of a new emergency generator building enclosure.
Construction is scheduled to be completed in 2018.